Happy World Nutella Day!

/ 05 February 2012 /
February 5 is World Nutella Day!

Nutella is pretty much like heaven for a breadivore like me, so I couldn't pass up the chance to try out some simple goodies using this well-loved spread for brunch.




Nutella-stuffed French toast
I can't get enough of this! And it's super-easy to make, too. (I'm a beginner when it comes to cooking, so when I say it's easy, it really is. :))
Take two loaves of bread and make a Nutella sandwich (slab on as much as you want!).
Dip the sandwich in a mixture of egg, milk, and a little salt.
Cook sandwich in a butter- or oil-coated pan, flipping often until each side is browned just right for you.
Repeat to make more as you'd like.
Enjoy while warm!

Nutella Pannenkoeken (Dutch pancakes)
Dutch pancakes are much thinner than your usual pancakes. Instead of making crepes, I decided to try this recipe from Paris Pastry.
Gather these ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 ½ cup milk
Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add ¾ cup of milk and mix with a whisk to combine. Add the remaining ingredients (¾ cup milk, 3 eggs, ½ tablespoon vanilla) and mix until smooth.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat with butter or oil. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, and tilt the pan to coat the bottom. Cook until the top begins to form air-bubbles and the bottom begins to brown.
Carefully slide a spatula under the pancake and flip. Cook for a 20 seconds on the other side, just until browned. Remove to a plate, and repeat with remaining batter.
While each pancake is still warm, slab on your Nutella, roll it up, and enjoy!

So easy and so yummy!
Looks like I won't be waiting for the next February 5th to do these again. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

on Pinterest?

psyche

Hey, it's Hyacinth. Here's where I write without expecting to get paid. So here, I share, I curse, I laugh at myself. Hi.

 
Copyright © 2010 psyche, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger