words of summer

/ 01 June 2013 /
June has begun, and in this tropical little corner of the world that is the Philippines, that means summer is officially over. And while I am almost-tearfully saying "So long, sweet summer; I hardly saw you this year", there's Pinterest, just starting to bloom with sunshiny posts from the Northern Hemisphere. Every bright, sunny pin makes me die with envy. Why can't summer last just a little longer?

My summer this year had been short and bittersweet, and when I think about it, three favorite words come to mind:

Heliophilia - love of sunlight

Sprezzatura - a studied nonchalance

Ephemeral - lasting for a very short time

So long, sweet summer. Until we meet again. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

on Pinterest?

psyche

Hey, it's Hyacinth. Here's where I write without expecting to get paid. So here, I share, I curse, I laugh at myself. Hi.

 
Copyright © 2010 psyche, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger